Old Town Hall, Sheffield
The Old Town Hall on Waingate is a Grade II listed building in the heart of Sheffield. Built in 1808 and used as the town hall and former courts, it is an important part of Sheffield’s history that has remained vacant and derelict for over 20 years. Urbana have submitted plans on behalf of the owner for a mixed-use development comprising serviced apartments, a hotel using the former cells and a souk market which will provide much needed investment and secure the heritage assets long-term future. It will also help to regenerate the wider area which has seen a number of new projects recently in Kommune, Grey to Green Phase 2 and, of course, the regeneration of the castle site.